
Sreenuuk
07-17 07:16 PM
Thanks IV. You guys really did awesome job.
wallpaper Amritsar#39;s Golden Temple

sshekar
07-06 11:46 AM
ORDER ID:
EGONZA0EGEU0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio Gonzalez
Company: US Citizen and Immigration Services
Address: Director of USCIS
20 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington , DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Sanchez
Thanks for giving us hope for few hours
on July 1st and taking it away(I-485
Reversal). All the best for future
Employment Based Visa predictions.
Day Phone: 202-307-1565
Evening Phone:
E-mail:
EGONZA0EGEU0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECIPIENT INFORMATION:
Name: Emilio Gonzalez
Company: US Citizen and Immigration Services
Address: Director of USCIS
20 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington , DC 20529
Card Message: Dear Mr. Sanchez
Thanks for giving us hope for few hours
on July 1st and taking it away(I-485
Reversal). All the best for future
Employment Based Visa predictions.
Day Phone: 202-307-1565
Evening Phone:
E-mail:

jalaj
05-27 11:49 AM
If she works for a hospital which can do a H1B for her then 'Yes', but if she wabts to start up of her own, she can not petition for herself. I haven't seen any hospitals having dentists on their payrolls. Mostly it is the ER staff like cardiologists, anestheologists, surgeons.
hi thanks.but dentist visa is usually sponsered by companies(eg. western dental centers) or small dental centers who put dentist on their payroll,like they have a setup where 5-6 dentist work. i cant start up on my own as i dont have gc so has to be employed.so can i still get under H1B masters quota
hi thanks.but dentist visa is usually sponsered by companies(eg. western dental centers) or small dental centers who put dentist on their payroll,like they have a setup where 5-6 dentist work. i cant start up on my own as i dont have gc so has to be employed.so can i still get under H1B masters quota
2011 Amritsar, The Golden Temple

ragz4u
04-20 11:08 AM
1) We got a spike in new membership and funds
2) We now have atleast 2 more NATIONAL publications who have taken notice of our activities and are more sympathetic to our causes. They feel we have a compelling story and they are interested in publishing about our plight...
In fact two IV members are being interviewed today by a leading publication.
and the most important
3) We got additional material to provide to senators and their staff...this really helps as we do not have to establish ourselves....our stories along with newspaper articles help make our case much stronger....
When we initially started meeting senators, their staff would ask QGA 'Immigration Voice, who or what is that?'
Lately when we go to meet them, most of the staff have already visited our sites multiple times, know about us because of phone calls and faxes by members and ofcourse the articles that have been published....on top of this when we provide stories of members from their constituency, 50% of our work is already achieved....the liason team and QGA take over from there.
So to answer your question, yes it helped a lot
2) We now have atleast 2 more NATIONAL publications who have taken notice of our activities and are more sympathetic to our causes. They feel we have a compelling story and they are interested in publishing about our plight...
In fact two IV members are being interviewed today by a leading publication.
and the most important
3) We got additional material to provide to senators and their staff...this really helps as we do not have to establish ourselves....our stories along with newspaper articles help make our case much stronger....
When we initially started meeting senators, their staff would ask QGA 'Immigration Voice, who or what is that?'
Lately when we go to meet them, most of the staff have already visited our sites multiple times, know about us because of phone calls and faxes by members and ofcourse the articles that have been published....on top of this when we provide stories of members from their constituency, 50% of our work is already achieved....the liason team and QGA take over from there.
So to answer your question, yes it helped a lot
more...

jayram123
09-07 10:27 PM
Yes,, they did...
Our forefathers travelled to the promised land in ships that were full of rats, without food or water. Several of them died while trying to reach here.
Once here on the promised land, we had to fight our way to create a free society that you are dying to be part of. America is land of entrepreneurs.
And any one that don't have an entrepreneurial spirit is not welcomed here.
What do you have to bring to the table?
So are we putting up with all the biased folks like you. We go to work everyday and earn our pay. We are not a burden to US. We contribute to the economy. We start about 25% of the companies. I can go on and on.
My question first though to the mods is why is this guy and his IP not banned?
:mad::mad:
Our forefathers travelled to the promised land in ships that were full of rats, without food or water. Several of them died while trying to reach here.
Once here on the promised land, we had to fight our way to create a free society that you are dying to be part of. America is land of entrepreneurs.
And any one that don't have an entrepreneurial spirit is not welcomed here.
What do you have to bring to the table?
So are we putting up with all the biased folks like you. We go to work everyday and earn our pay. We are not a burden to US. We contribute to the economy. We start about 25% of the companies. I can go on and on.
My question first though to the mods is why is this guy and his IP not banned?
:mad::mad:

santb1975
11-18 10:37 PM
^^^^
more...

qasleuth
02-27 04:19 PM
Hi friends,
No doubt this is a great idea and also as newbie2020 suggests no point of wasting time and loosing the current tempo and massive support of IV members on this regard.
Would like to request all, is it possible to change the bridge schedule a bit to 9.00 or 9.30 PM EST so that it would be easier to participate for people who are in Pacific Time Zone? If most people have difficulty in doing that, lets move forward with the current schedule.
Please update.....
-Immi_Chant
Sounds reasonable. Newbie2020 and others, does 9:00 PM EST sound ok to you guys ? We can cut down the call to about 45 mins to enable early risers to get to bed.
No doubt this is a great idea and also as newbie2020 suggests no point of wasting time and loosing the current tempo and massive support of IV members on this regard.
Would like to request all, is it possible to change the bridge schedule a bit to 9.00 or 9.30 PM EST so that it would be easier to participate for people who are in Pacific Time Zone? If most people have difficulty in doing that, lets move forward with the current schedule.
Please update.....
-Immi_Chant
Sounds reasonable. Newbie2020 and others, does 9:00 PM EST sound ok to you guys ? We can cut down the call to about 45 mins to enable early risers to get to bed.
2010 Sikh Golden Temple of Amritsar

nozerd
12-18 07:56 PM
Just made my additional contribution.
Best of luck to us all
Best of luck to us all
more...
gc_vbin
05-30 11:33 PM
If it is just a name change from maiden to married (i.e. change in surname) you don't need a court order. All you need is your marriage certificate and a notarized affidavit to change the name on the passport.
Hello,
I am also trying to go through the process of getting my spouse's name changed. I got good information from all your posts, but I am trying to understand the order of steps to be followed:
So,
1. Place ads in newspapers in US and India
2. Get the local court order
3. Mail all the required docs to respective Indian Embassy in US along with court order
4. Once passport received with new name, use the court order and passport to change names in SSN, drivers license etc.
5. Once all of them are changed, send all copies to USCIS (New name will be applied with next stamping and for now we ll still carry old and new passports pinned togther)
Please let me know if I am missing something and any details if possible.
Thank you
Hello,
I am also trying to go through the process of getting my spouse's name changed. I got good information from all your posts, but I am trying to understand the order of steps to be followed:
So,
1. Place ads in newspapers in US and India
2. Get the local court order
3. Mail all the required docs to respective Indian Embassy in US along with court order
4. Once passport received with new name, use the court order and passport to change names in SSN, drivers license etc.
5. Once all of them are changed, send all copies to USCIS (New name will be applied with next stamping and for now we ll still carry old and new passports pinned togther)
Please let me know if I am missing something and any details if possible.
Thank you
hair Guard, Golden Temple, Amritsar
qasleuth
02-27 09:16 AM
Here is the dilemma.... The Idea is great...It can change our lives But if we sit on the idea for long it will rot So DO WE TAKE ACTION or LET US WAIT FOR CORE TO COME UP WITH SOLUTION. I would suggest we form a small committee or group of people who can brainstorm and come up with possible course of actions and then present the idea to core.
This is similar to House->Judiciary committee -> Immigration sub Committee
idea is to analyze the situation and come up with the best solution rather than waiting for
CORE to act on.
Sounds like a plan. Newbie2020, does your earlier offer for a bridge still stand ? If yes, whoever is interested in attending the initial bridge call, send me a PM with your contact number and name and we will take it from there.
This is similar to House->Judiciary committee -> Immigration sub Committee
idea is to analyze the situation and come up with the best solution rather than waiting for
CORE to act on.
Sounds like a plan. Newbie2020, does your earlier offer for a bridge still stand ? If yes, whoever is interested in attending the initial bridge call, send me a PM with your contact number and name and we will take it from there.
more...

gconmymind
11-16 12:49 PM
How to contribute to IV through PAYPAL for amount less than $100?
Not sure...but I have $50 recurring thru paypal...not sure how I did that, there should be an option...
Not sure...but I have $50 recurring thru paypal...not sure how I did that, there should be an option...
hot Amritsar Golden Temple

alien007
04-15 12:20 PM
Let us say that i agree to what ever you say. In what way does everything you stated above make a STEM graduate eligible for GC without an Employer sponsership. Why does it have to be only STEM graduates which will not need employer sponsership. If giving GC based on completion of MS in us is bypassing the employee sponserhsip then that has to be extended to all EB categories of immigrants (EB1/EB2/EB3) and the benefit o those visas have to be passed to the badly retrogressed category first.
It si not teh question of liek or unliking or having jealousy. It is the question of law. According to the US law employee sponsership is EB category so any new bill which has to be introduced will have to follow the EB category employee sponsership rule, othwer wise it wil not see the light of the day
Personally i see no chance of this DV lottery STEM billpassing in any shape or form either now or in the future
I didnt talk abt STEM graduate eligible for GC. i agree with belmontboy. on STEM. so that should answer all your Qs.
It si not teh question of liek or unliking or having jealousy. It is the question of law. According to the US law employee sponsership is EB category so any new bill which has to be introduced will have to follow the EB category employee sponsership rule, othwer wise it wil not see the light of the day
Personally i see no chance of this DV lottery STEM billpassing in any shape or form either now or in the future
I didnt talk abt STEM graduate eligible for GC. i agree with belmontboy. on STEM. so that should answer all your Qs.
more...
house Description: The Golden Temple

krupa
05-11 04:54 AM
Those who came between 2000 and 2005 are not getting GC approved , because of some loop holes , those who came in 2007 are getting 485 approved. Is it not unjustince to people who applied earlier? This issue is not similar from EB3 to EB2 etc.
I hope IV will bring this to the notice of USCIS ASAP.
When did you come to US my friend ? did you ever were in the posts and discussions that went through all the years reg SUBS ? Atleast search on internet you will see whether is idea is BRAND new or old enough ?
How can you think of USCIS going back to something that doesnt exist any more (Fraud is diff story) , Admin Fix is for something that is existing, and in hands of USCIS. per law ppl ported dates and it is valid at that time.. Per law ppl can still port dates from EB3 to EB2 or earlier dates in the same category. Admin Fix cant back date the LAW. Simple common sense. You can keep clogging ... Instead we can work on the same energy for Recap.
Are you going to followup with USCIS that It shouldnt let ppl port from EB3 to EB2? L1,L2 Getting quickly ? I dont want to waste my time on EB3 Vs EB2 Vs EB1 Vs L1 Vs L2.. Lets aim at one thing that helps all and its a jackpot that is achievable for us...
I hope IV will bring this to the notice of USCIS ASAP.
When did you come to US my friend ? did you ever were in the posts and discussions that went through all the years reg SUBS ? Atleast search on internet you will see whether is idea is BRAND new or old enough ?
How can you think of USCIS going back to something that doesnt exist any more (Fraud is diff story) , Admin Fix is for something that is existing, and in hands of USCIS. per law ppl ported dates and it is valid at that time.. Per law ppl can still port dates from EB3 to EB2 or earlier dates in the same category. Admin Fix cant back date the LAW. Simple common sense. You can keep clogging ... Instead we can work on the same energy for Recap.
Are you going to followup with USCIS that It shouldnt let ppl port from EB3 to EB2? L1,L2 Getting quickly ? I dont want to waste my time on EB3 Vs EB2 Vs EB1 Vs L1 Vs L2.. Lets aim at one thing that helps all and its a jackpot that is achievable for us...
tattoo File:Golden Temple Amritsar

indianindian2006
08-14 12:19 PM
All those ppl who received receipts can you please give us 3 pieces of data
1) Was there an LUD update on ur I-140 (Last Update Date on the USCIS.gov website)
2) What Service center did you guys file in?
3) Do your recept numbers start from LIN or SRC?
1)No LUD for me.
2)Filed in Nebraska,on July 02 at 11am.Signed by C Uhrmacher,
3)Receipt numbers recd for self and spouse for I485.I765,I131.Receipt dated 08/08/2007.All numbers start with LIN.
When I check my status online it shows a LUD on 8/12/2007 which is a sunday.
Hope this helps you.
1) Was there an LUD update on ur I-140 (Last Update Date on the USCIS.gov website)
2) What Service center did you guys file in?
3) Do your recept numbers start from LIN or SRC?
1)No LUD for me.
2)Filed in Nebraska,on July 02 at 11am.Signed by C Uhrmacher,
3)Receipt numbers recd for self and spouse for I485.I765,I131.Receipt dated 08/08/2007.All numbers start with LIN.
When I check my status online it shows a LUD on 8/12/2007 which is a sunday.
Hope this helps you.
more...
pictures Holy Guard at Golden Temple,

a_yaja
05-07 08:15 AM
Yes - your application will be up for lottery as mail delivered on non-working day will be considered as mail delivered on first business day after non-working day.
Good Luck!
Good Luck!
dresses golden temple amritsar

gc_dream07
02-25 12:51 PM
I like the idea. We had enough talk (positive and negative). Let us start working on it.
How do we start? Where to start?
How do we start? Where to start?
more...
makeup temple Golden Temple which

cableching
08-21 05:29 PM
That is incorrect for my local ASC. I know that for sure. When I went to ASC for FP I do not think they were capable of answering any case related questions. All they do there is take FP notice , stamp it and do FP. They ask you to goto local office for any questions related to your case.
Secondly how come the IO had the authority to show an internal memo to a customer. Does it make sense?
Many are saying there won't be any IO at ASC. Not true, when I went in for Finger prints, I asked the lady who takes the finger prints about enquiring about my I-485 status! She said, she can't help, as she does not have the access and told me to call the 1-800 number and also try asking the IO at the window as there are not many people waiting and is the IO is free she might help.
SO, after finger prints, I went back into the office and there was only one guy talking to the IO another lady was waiting. I asked the lady, if she was waiting for the IO, she said she is here with her husband. She's an African American lady and her husbandwas inside the Fingerprinting room, I am guessing this as that guy sounded like from Africa and may he's a Family Based visa applicant.
Aftert the guy at the counter finished his work, I went to the counter as no one else was waiting there. I asked IO, a nice lady, if she could help me with the Status of our Name Check. SHe asked me, if I had an appointment, I said no, but I had a finger print appointment and I could not get an Infopass appointment around the same time (I had finger print appointment at 3 PM and I did try to get an Inforpass appointment around that time so that I could enquire about the status too, but there was none around that time and the closest one was around 12:45 PM, so I thought I would just try my luck).
She then said, we just received this memo and let me read it and said this supersedes everything and even everything is clear for you nothing will happen, asking me if I was from India/China hesitantly as she could fingure out I was from India, untill new visas are allocated in October. She then took our I-485 receipts and went inside to check the status of our applications.
I am in Midwest and not all the USCIS/ASC offices treat as bad, as these guys may not have that many applicants coming to the office, like int Northeast or California.
I had talked to her earlier also, after taking an Infopass appointment, as I had receive someone else's EAD and went to return so that the actual person would get her EAD. Last year USICS had sent some one else's EAD to me, the EAD was some one else's, but the letter it comes with was in my name (I had also received my EAD separately, strange are the ways USCIS works and I don't have to tell the guys at IV). Then also, she check status of our applications and told out namechecks were not cleared and finger prints were cleared. SHe even told, even if my wife's checks are cleared they would not apporve her untill my applications is approved. SO, I had this hope that this lady might help this time without Infopass appointment.
Hope this helps.
Secondly how come the IO had the authority to show an internal memo to a customer. Does it make sense?
Many are saying there won't be any IO at ASC. Not true, when I went in for Finger prints, I asked the lady who takes the finger prints about enquiring about my I-485 status! She said, she can't help, as she does not have the access and told me to call the 1-800 number and also try asking the IO at the window as there are not many people waiting and is the IO is free she might help.
SO, after finger prints, I went back into the office and there was only one guy talking to the IO another lady was waiting. I asked the lady, if she was waiting for the IO, she said she is here with her husband. She's an African American lady and her husbandwas inside the Fingerprinting room, I am guessing this as that guy sounded like from Africa and may he's a Family Based visa applicant.
Aftert the guy at the counter finished his work, I went to the counter as no one else was waiting there. I asked IO, a nice lady, if she could help me with the Status of our Name Check. SHe asked me, if I had an appointment, I said no, but I had a finger print appointment and I could not get an Infopass appointment around the same time (I had finger print appointment at 3 PM and I did try to get an Inforpass appointment around that time so that I could enquire about the status too, but there was none around that time and the closest one was around 12:45 PM, so I thought I would just try my luck).
She then said, we just received this memo and let me read it and said this supersedes everything and even everything is clear for you nothing will happen, asking me if I was from India/China hesitantly as she could fingure out I was from India, untill new visas are allocated in October. She then took our I-485 receipts and went inside to check the status of our applications.
I am in Midwest and not all the USCIS/ASC offices treat as bad, as these guys may not have that many applicants coming to the office, like int Northeast or California.
I had talked to her earlier also, after taking an Infopass appointment, as I had receive someone else's EAD and went to return so that the actual person would get her EAD. Last year USICS had sent some one else's EAD to me, the EAD was some one else's, but the letter it comes with was in my name (I had also received my EAD separately, strange are the ways USCIS works and I don't have to tell the guys at IV). Then also, she check status of our applications and told out namechecks were not cleared and finger prints were cleared. SHe even told, even if my wife's checks are cleared they would not apporve her untill my applications is approved. SO, I had this hope that this lady might help this time without Infopass appointment.
Hope this helps.
girlfriend The Golden Temple, Amritsar,

lynliu
07-17 11:09 PM
You guys rock!
hairstyles Golden Temple at Amritsar

ujjvalkoul
12-18 05:17 PM
I wish this thread would reach 100 pages just like the one during the last days of the Lame Duck sessions when folks were jamming senator sessions' phone lines.
chanduv23
11-11 05:52 PM
Go to the authorities and report her.
H1 is a temporary situation. Your family is permanent. Protect your family.
Do not let the fear of social services coming to check on you from stopping to do the right thing. They have a job to do; they will not take away a child unless they really believe that the child is not being cared for. They do not want to add to the strain of foster care system which is already under stress.
Law enforcement agencies also monitor sites like IV, Rajiv Khanna etc. And they can get a subpoena against IV to get your information if they suspect that a crime has taken place.
Everyone: please please ... You should not only check for the cleanliness and background of the staff (and facility) who take care of your kid. Also make sure that their way of taking care of your kid meets your expectation. Do not make any assumptions. Ask pointed questions and get certain answers.
Also... I feel that there is more to the story than what the OP has said in his one and only posting.
I think he/she already went past the point to think "what will happen to me" when they hired someone knowing that she was not legally eligible to work/provide that service.
If not them reporting that nanny, her next victim will report her. I strongly believe that, if she is used to that way of raising a kid, she will hit other kids in the future. And they will be exposed at that point when the authorities grill her to spill the beans on her previous employers.
I am also afraid that the OP might take matters into his/her own by making an emotional decision; and that would put him in hot water.
chanduv: I read your post about how you hired a nanny based on your parent's monitoring her behaviour around your kid when they were visiting you. I hope that was not the only criteria for you to choose her. Keep in mind that a person's behaviour when they are alone speaks of their true nature. They can behave nice and good when they have company; but do they continue to be the same when there is no adult around them?
Definitely install a nanny cam that you/yourwife can keep checking from work.
Sorry if I sound like I am picking on you Chandu. But when I read your post, I felt that there might be other families who have done the same thing as you did.
After going through this thread - I just spoke to my wife about installing a nannycam :) though she strongly feels it may not be necessary because she has developed some kind of friendship with the nanny, but I will definitely install a nannycam.
H1 is a temporary situation. Your family is permanent. Protect your family.
Do not let the fear of social services coming to check on you from stopping to do the right thing. They have a job to do; they will not take away a child unless they really believe that the child is not being cared for. They do not want to add to the strain of foster care system which is already under stress.
Law enforcement agencies also monitor sites like IV, Rajiv Khanna etc. And they can get a subpoena against IV to get your information if they suspect that a crime has taken place.
Everyone: please please ... You should not only check for the cleanliness and background of the staff (and facility) who take care of your kid. Also make sure that their way of taking care of your kid meets your expectation. Do not make any assumptions. Ask pointed questions and get certain answers.
Also... I feel that there is more to the story than what the OP has said in his one and only posting.
I think he/she already went past the point to think "what will happen to me" when they hired someone knowing that she was not legally eligible to work/provide that service.
If not them reporting that nanny, her next victim will report her. I strongly believe that, if she is used to that way of raising a kid, she will hit other kids in the future. And they will be exposed at that point when the authorities grill her to spill the beans on her previous employers.
I am also afraid that the OP might take matters into his/her own by making an emotional decision; and that would put him in hot water.
chanduv: I read your post about how you hired a nanny based on your parent's monitoring her behaviour around your kid when they were visiting you. I hope that was not the only criteria for you to choose her. Keep in mind that a person's behaviour when they are alone speaks of their true nature. They can behave nice and good when they have company; but do they continue to be the same when there is no adult around them?
Definitely install a nanny cam that you/yourwife can keep checking from work.
Sorry if I sound like I am picking on you Chandu. But when I read your post, I felt that there might be other families who have done the same thing as you did.
After going through this thread - I just spoke to my wife about installing a nannycam :) though she strongly feels it may not be necessary because she has developed some kind of friendship with the nanny, but I will definitely install a nannycam.
breddy2000
08-22 12:21 AM
On March 12, 2002, the House passed such an extension. Section
245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act was first enacted as a temporary
provision in 1994 and has been extended several times since then. It enables
unauthorized aliens in the United States who are eligible for immigrant visas based on
family relationships or job skills to become legal permanent residents (LPRs) without
leaving the country, provided they pay an additional fee. Before an alien can apply
to adjust to LPR status, the alien must have an approved immigrant visa petition and
must have a visa number immediately available to him or her. Currently, to be eligible
to adjust status under �245(i), an unauthorized alien must be the beneficiary of an
immigrant petition or labor certification application filed by April 30, 2001. An
unauthorized alien whose petition or application was not filed by April 30, 2001 must
go overseas to obtain a visa.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_usc245.html
245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act was first enacted as a temporary
provision in 1994 and has been extended several times since then. It enables
unauthorized aliens in the United States who are eligible for immigrant visas based on
family relationships or job skills to become legal permanent residents (LPRs) without
leaving the country, provided they pay an additional fee. Before an alien can apply
to adjust to LPR status, the alien must have an approved immigrant visa petition and
must have a visa number immediately available to him or her. Currently, to be eligible
to adjust status under �245(i), an unauthorized alien must be the beneficiary of an
immigrant petition or labor certification application filed by April 30, 2001. An
unauthorized alien whose petition or application was not filed by April 30, 2001 must
go overseas to obtain a visa.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_usc245.html
No comments:
Post a Comment