
abhijitp
07-12 09:54 AM
Guys,
How about start or finish the rally with US National Anthem ?
This will get a lot of attention. Above all it will show 'Legal Immigrants' different + communicate a lot.
Also encourage to get more American friends.
You can have a beer after the rally !
Good Luck.
This is a perfectly Gandhian idea:-) (He did that in South Africa)
Let's do it... the beer part should be postponed to some other time... presumably after all categories become C:-)
How about start or finish the rally with US National Anthem ?
This will get a lot of attention. Above all it will show 'Legal Immigrants' different + communicate a lot.
Also encourage to get more American friends.
You can have a beer after the rally !
Good Luck.
This is a perfectly Gandhian idea:-) (He did that in South Africa)
Let's do it... the beer part should be postponed to some other time... presumably after all categories become C:-)
wallpaper hot David Beckham Faux-Hawk

knnmbd
06-07 12:58 PM
I am married too, but i only said that there are other easier paths aswell.
Regarding working late, i am a fulltime employee with H1-B and never came to office before 10:00AM and stayed after 6:00PM and never ever worked weekends. Mine can be an exceptional case, but what iam saying is, your relationship with your manager is important. This can make a lot of difference in your lives.
As long as you deliver what is expected of you, you can even work 4 days a week and get paid for 40 hrs per week.
I don't know, if we are deviating from our main discussion agenda started by LogicLife.
--sri
I disagree with Logiclife on immigration to the U.S( or to any other country for that matter) being a right. All that would have made sense when the "new world" was discovered and does not hold any water in today's context.
Also, we get paid for getting the job done not working hard. So just a claim of being the most hardworking "class" of prospective immigrants will not cut it.
Regarding working late, i am a fulltime employee with H1-B and never came to office before 10:00AM and stayed after 6:00PM and never ever worked weekends. Mine can be an exceptional case, but what iam saying is, your relationship with your manager is important. This can make a lot of difference in your lives.
As long as you deliver what is expected of you, you can even work 4 days a week and get paid for 40 hrs per week.
I don't know, if we are deviating from our main discussion agenda started by LogicLife.
--sri
I disagree with Logiclife on immigration to the U.S( or to any other country for that matter) being a right. All that would have made sense when the "new world" was discovered and does not hold any water in today's context.
Also, we get paid for getting the job done not working hard. So just a claim of being the most hardworking "class" of prospective immigrants will not cut it.

sundar99
02-22 10:00 AM
Hi Sobers,
Outstanding efforts. Also, not sure if you all agree ? if we get the NASCOM email id for karnik, perhaps we shud emphasise the SOCIAL SEC contribution made by us so that, they do not forget us at the last minute, since H1 issues will be followed up more religiously.
Should we send out emails to karnik and crowd ?
Outstanding efforts. Also, not sure if you all agree ? if we get the NASCOM email id for karnik, perhaps we shud emphasise the SOCIAL SEC contribution made by us so that, they do not forget us at the last minute, since H1 issues will be followed up more religiously.
Should we send out emails to karnik and crowd ?
2011 But lately his faux hawk

logiclife
02-06 12:57 PM
Purplehazea:
I didnt know you have such doubts about the efforts of IV and its goals.
Anyways, have you every picked up the phone and called us to ask us what we are doing at that moment? What we did last week, what's our plan next week? You know, there is a phone number listed at several places on the website. That phone never rings. Oh yes, never. So who come you never seek answers where you can get them?
We have told several times, that we dont have time to keep everyone in loop about everything we do in DC, including every time we meet some staffer or someone. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Last week, Aman was in DC on Thursday and Friday (Jan 25 and 26) and had meetings with 3 senate staffers who work on Immigration. Then he went to India, then he came back straight to DC monday morning and since yesterday, he has met with 2 more staffers, our lobbyists.
We are also trying to find out about the schedule A rumor and if its true, to have the recaptured visas go to all categories not just schedule A.
So there, you have your update? If you want to know more, then call us on the phone.
And this update is the kind of update we dont usually post on forums. This is mundane advocacy stuff. Find me one organization that gives hour by hour update of what they are doing.
If you dont trust us, what are you doing here. Why dont you join the "bash IV" party at immigration portal and enjoy criticizing the arrogant IV core and its stupid blind followers. I am sure you will find many enlightened fellows like over at portal who are smart enough not to follow or believe in IV.
I didnt know you have such doubts about the efforts of IV and its goals.
Anyways, have you every picked up the phone and called us to ask us what we are doing at that moment? What we did last week, what's our plan next week? You know, there is a phone number listed at several places on the website. That phone never rings. Oh yes, never. So who come you never seek answers where you can get them?
We have told several times, that we dont have time to keep everyone in loop about everything we do in DC, including every time we meet some staffer or someone. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Last week, Aman was in DC on Thursday and Friday (Jan 25 and 26) and had meetings with 3 senate staffers who work on Immigration. Then he went to India, then he came back straight to DC monday morning and since yesterday, he has met with 2 more staffers, our lobbyists.
We are also trying to find out about the schedule A rumor and if its true, to have the recaptured visas go to all categories not just schedule A.
So there, you have your update? If you want to know more, then call us on the phone.
And this update is the kind of update we dont usually post on forums. This is mundane advocacy stuff. Find me one organization that gives hour by hour update of what they are doing.
If you dont trust us, what are you doing here. Why dont you join the "bash IV" party at immigration portal and enjoy criticizing the arrogant IV core and its stupid blind followers. I am sure you will find many enlightened fellows like over at portal who are smart enough not to follow or believe in IV.
more...

whoever
02-06 02:05 PM
which country you belong to?

priti8888
07-15 09:09 PM
signed
Just a thought. California, elected Arnold Shwarzeneggar, an immigrant. California, the most affluent state in the U.S, the 6th strongest economy in the world.
Just a thought. California, elected Arnold Shwarzeneggar, an immigrant. California, the most affluent state in the U.S, the 6th strongest economy in the world.
more...

Caliber
04-26 09:22 AM
Not a bit. If you want I can give you a plenty... L1 is for intercompany transfer. But So far I have seen companies put people only at the client place and their salary is starting at 32K and they are put up at extended staty, asked to share the cab or car. So let me know if you want and I can directly let you talk to those guys.
Yes, you can work for $8 but there is something called law. I have personelly checked their labor which states 55K. But they are paid only 32K.
So our common goal is to fix the broken system, remove the employer's undue advantage over the employee. No matter if they are MNC or desi consulting companies. Why the employee is tied to the employer when there is the need/demand for the skill set. Thats the only thing which is driving down the wages.
I fully agree with this. L1's being placed at Client's place is ILLEGAL. I have several proof's of this. TCS, Infy, CTS and LT do FAVOR their employees with a gift of filing in EB1 because these guys WOULD not complain to any one what they are paid and their benefits.
Any one want proof's?
Yes, you can work for $8 but there is something called law. I have personelly checked their labor which states 55K. But they are paid only 32K.
So our common goal is to fix the broken system, remove the employer's undue advantage over the employee. No matter if they are MNC or desi consulting companies. Why the employee is tied to the employer when there is the need/demand for the skill set. Thats the only thing which is driving down the wages.
I fully agree with this. L1's being placed at Client's place is ILLEGAL. I have several proof's of this. TCS, Infy, CTS and LT do FAVOR their employees with a gift of filing in EB1 because these guys WOULD not complain to any one what they are paid and their benefits.
Any one want proof's?
2010 faux hawk hairstyles.

poorslumdog
03-29 02:19 PM
Came to USA on H1B, paid for the H1B fees(at that time didn't know it was illegal to do so)
however after coming here , Paid for my own ticket and landed here on start of january 2011.
Confirmed my arrival to the employer too. Since my leaving the home country there has not been any mail correspondence from the employer , though i have been writing many. Talked to him over the phone and he said he wasn't responsible for my arrival as he doesn't have any project for me. Waited to get another job as a H1B TXFR but stuck with trnsfrs issues due to non availablity of paystubs from him.
I never reported to work as he said dont come to office, dont have any paystubs, but have all my H1B papers , I97 and Employment offer from that consultant. I have decided to leave back to my home country but not before reporting this blood sucker to DOL.
I need to clarify a few things before i nail these blood suckers
1. How long before i board my flight back home , should i send the documents to DOL
2. I have the originals of H1B filing and LCA and I94, are they rquired in originals
or copy to send to DOL
3. What other documents should i send alongwith
4. Do you think my case will get weaker if iam not here ? As i am flying back to my home country.
5. I dont want these suckers to go scott free, so how to build my case here , can i ask the DOL to recover my wages for 4 months i wasnt getting paid.
I do not care if i get any wages or not from them , but i really wanna see the locks on the gates of this company. They shouldn't take H1B and its applicant for scapegoats.
Any advices are welcome to help me bring these guys to justice.
Did you get the invitation letter addressed to the IO at POE by your employer. Why did he invite you here in the first place when there is no project.
however after coming here , Paid for my own ticket and landed here on start of january 2011.
Confirmed my arrival to the employer too. Since my leaving the home country there has not been any mail correspondence from the employer , though i have been writing many. Talked to him over the phone and he said he wasn't responsible for my arrival as he doesn't have any project for me. Waited to get another job as a H1B TXFR but stuck with trnsfrs issues due to non availablity of paystubs from him.
I never reported to work as he said dont come to office, dont have any paystubs, but have all my H1B papers , I97 and Employment offer from that consultant. I have decided to leave back to my home country but not before reporting this blood sucker to DOL.
I need to clarify a few things before i nail these blood suckers
1. How long before i board my flight back home , should i send the documents to DOL
2. I have the originals of H1B filing and LCA and I94, are they rquired in originals
or copy to send to DOL
3. What other documents should i send alongwith
4. Do you think my case will get weaker if iam not here ? As i am flying back to my home country.
5. I dont want these suckers to go scott free, so how to build my case here , can i ask the DOL to recover my wages for 4 months i wasnt getting paid.
I do not care if i get any wages or not from them , but i really wanna see the locks on the gates of this company. They shouldn't take H1B and its applicant for scapegoats.
Any advices are welcome to help me bring these guys to justice.
Did you get the invitation letter addressed to the IO at POE by your employer. Why did he invite you here in the first place when there is no project.
more...

SGP
04-22 12:10 PM
This is truly unfair where country of birth determined who gets an 'Employment' based greencard before someone else. It can only be fixed by eliminating per-country limits.
Can't agree less with you pappu:)
Can't agree less with you pappu:)
hair Faux hawk in hairstyles

snathan
01-17 12:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
more...

alterego
03-11 08:08 AM
What is the USCIS definition of backlogs and pending ? See the link below. ( Section B)
USCIS does not consider backlogs / pending cases as "pending" in case there are no visas available or FBI checks are pending
( such as EB2 and EB3 India at this time )
The numbers shown in this report seems to be OF cases which are yet to be adjudicated and NOT the cases which have been already pre- adjudicated are dumped in their cold-store because there are no visas available.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_annualrpt07__June_11_2007_section3b_backlog s.pdf
Your point is valid. I think this may be part of the obfuscation by the USCIS. Giving senators and congressmen an impression that things are efficient when we know they are not so. That is why we need to get the real truth out and let the legislators know about it.
USCIS does not consider backlogs / pending cases as "pending" in case there are no visas available or FBI checks are pending
( such as EB2 and EB3 India at this time )
The numbers shown in this report seems to be OF cases which are yet to be adjudicated and NOT the cases which have been already pre- adjudicated are dumped in their cold-store because there are no visas available.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_annualrpt07__June_11_2007_section3b_backlog s.pdf
Your point is valid. I think this may be part of the obfuscation by the USCIS. Giving senators and congressmen an impression that things are efficient when we know they are not so. That is why we need to get the real truth out and let the legislators know about it.
hot eckham-faux hawk

kubmilegaGC
09-15 11:26 AM
Labor Immigration Law � Texas Service Introduces Streamline Procedure for I-485s and I-140s (http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/11/texas-service-introduces-streamline-procedure-for-i-485s-and-i-140s/)
email can be send by attorneys who are AILA members only.
Thanks for the article Pankaj...
@sdr - any trouble when you sent it on your own? I guess is there a way to check if the incoming address is a "personal" email? these days - I am just getting skeptical about everything - what is happening to me ??? :)
email can be send by attorneys who are AILA members only.
Thanks for the article Pankaj...
@sdr - any trouble when you sent it on your own? I guess is there a way to check if the incoming address is a "personal" email? these days - I am just getting skeptical about everything - what is happening to me ??? :)
more...
house faux hawk, David Beckham

NKR
01-31 10:05 AM
BUMP..
Please guys, bring these questions to the top.
Please guys, bring these questions to the top.
tattoo faux hawk mullet. mens mullet

KanME
07-19 10:26 AM
Friend
First of all, there is no typo, never he will say something not real.
Come on, it's not you and me stood up, spent personal time, sacrificed so much.
If you can not contribute for obvious reasons, no one is demanding you. I hope and sincerely wish that 'Aman' doesn't have to sell his house.
It's heart breaking to see such statements
Please dont post your own interpretation of the post that you read here..
I never suggested nor can even think that Aman would say something untrue..do you know the defination of "typo"..its a error in typing on the part of the writer not the subject fyi..
Please dont take text out of context...
Why have we started jumping at each other ! Can some members learn to show some tolerence and understand the context of the posts before joining the bandwagon of criticising.
but I am glad that because of the initial poster's message we came to know from Pappu about Aman's selfless act and what he has done for the organisation..Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
First of all, there is no typo, never he will say something not real.
Come on, it's not you and me stood up, spent personal time, sacrificed so much.
If you can not contribute for obvious reasons, no one is demanding you. I hope and sincerely wish that 'Aman' doesn't have to sell his house.
It's heart breaking to see such statements
Please dont post your own interpretation of the post that you read here..
I never suggested nor can even think that Aman would say something untrue..do you know the defination of "typo"..its a error in typing on the part of the writer not the subject fyi..
Please dont take text out of context...
Why have we started jumping at each other ! Can some members learn to show some tolerence and understand the context of the posts before joining the bandwagon of criticising.
but I am glad that because of the initial poster's message we came to know from Pappu about Aman's selfless act and what he has done for the organisation..Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
more...
pictures Cornrows Hairstyles

ken
08-12 07:26 PM
I think some of our members put the votes in wrong place.
For Eg : for "Before Nov 01 2002" right now the number of votes are 24 click on 24 you will see which user voted for "Before Nov 01 2002 now check for couple of users for their Labour Approval Date some have labour approval dates of 2006 and 2007
For Eg : for "Before Nov 01 2002" right now the number of votes are 24 click on 24 you will see which user voted for "Before Nov 01 2002 now check for couple of users for their Labour Approval Date some have labour approval dates of 2006 and 2007
dresses Ronaldo spiky hairstyles for
smartboy75
09-29 11:42 AM
Was the H1B through a body shopper? I"ve heard of reopening all old cases of a company if they find a dubious H1B sponsorship, or if a company gets blacklisted.
If your company is solid and your case is genuine... you probably have nothing to worry about.
The H1B which was approved a year ago and has now been re-opened was not with a body shopper but an US Insurance firm....They had the best of lawyers and company is still going strong....
If your company is solid and your case is genuine... you probably have nothing to worry about.
The H1B which was approved a year ago and has now been re-opened was not with a body shopper but an US Insurance firm....They had the best of lawyers and company is still going strong....
more...
makeup David Beckham#39;s Hot Hairstyles

rajagopal_04
01-04 10:19 AM
They handover the PP to VFS today (Jan 4th) after long waiting. My wife’s appointment was on DEC 19th at Chennai Consulate. Best of luck for you guys..
girlfriend girlfriend David Beckham faux

Pagal
01-10 11:47 AM
Hello,
The frustration that I see here is understandable, but just by being frustrated or by posting here, things do not change.
We are the change that we have been waiting for.
There are many things that IV core is working on (we see the outcomes like pending I-485 stats, notes of explanations on visa bulletins, but fail to recognize the efforts required to reach these key milestones on bringing transparency and fairness to I-140/I-485 process).
But to make IV (or any organization/community) effective, money is critical. What IV needs is not big (you can contribute as low as 25 USD per month - less than the cost of daily coffee - regular, not the fancy lattes!).
IV is nothing more than our collective will to change our situation. And the change starts from me as an individual. What I've come to realize that such change doesn't come by asking others to do something for me. It starts with me doing something, either providing my time/effort/money to the cause that I believe in.
In case of IV, some of us choose to contribute money, some choose to volunteer (hats off to them!), others choose to contribute time, still others do the legwork ... to each his own! Pick your preferred way and start... the success is not guaranteed, but if we don't start, the failure is guaranteed!
The frustration that I see here is understandable, but just by being frustrated or by posting here, things do not change.
We are the change that we have been waiting for.
There are many things that IV core is working on (we see the outcomes like pending I-485 stats, notes of explanations on visa bulletins, but fail to recognize the efforts required to reach these key milestones on bringing transparency and fairness to I-140/I-485 process).
But to make IV (or any organization/community) effective, money is critical. What IV needs is not big (you can contribute as low as 25 USD per month - less than the cost of daily coffee - regular, not the fancy lattes!).
IV is nothing more than our collective will to change our situation. And the change starts from me as an individual. What I've come to realize that such change doesn't come by asking others to do something for me. It starts with me doing something, either providing my time/effort/money to the cause that I believe in.
In case of IV, some of us choose to contribute money, some choose to volunteer (hats off to them!), others choose to contribute time, still others do the legwork ... to each his own! Pick your preferred way and start... the success is not guaranteed, but if we don't start, the failure is guaranteed!
hairstyles david beckham faux hawk,

santb1975
06-02 12:07 PM
Please make your calls. This is for everyone. Please take the poll after you called. Thx
Since all the reps are from California, Is this only for California members?
If not, let me know and I will get on the horn as soon as I can (probably not possible today, maybe tomorrow).
Since all the reps are from California, Is this only for California members?
If not, let me know and I will get on the horn as soon as I can (probably not possible today, maybe tomorrow).
pmat
07-22 08:21 AM
For me the frustrating aspect is that my first son is in college. Arizona State University is forcing me to pay out-of-state fees and have stated that I could only pay in-state tuition after filing I-485! So the money I could have invested in business is going to college tuition. Another son is in senior class in high school and will be going to college next year. Yet another son will be going to college in 2008.
I have thought of going back to Nigeria but I'll like my sons to finish college here. So, I have decided to stay until I get GC. My wife and I are both studying for Masters (another big expense for us!).
We spend most of our time between studies, volunteering and other community activities.
Could others on this forum who have college-age kids tell me how they and their families are coping with expense of college tuition?
I believe that it depends on the state. I don't have any kids but my wife is going to school here in Virginia. The rule here is you don't need a PR to qualify for instate tuition. If you are on H4, you qualify for instate. But dependants on F1 visa don't qualify.
The only downside is H-dependants cannot work in on-campus jobs and they won't get CPT/OPT. I believe that a good work-around in such states is to be on H4 for first three years and then change to F1.
**pmat
I have thought of going back to Nigeria but I'll like my sons to finish college here. So, I have decided to stay until I get GC. My wife and I are both studying for Masters (another big expense for us!).
We spend most of our time between studies, volunteering and other community activities.
Could others on this forum who have college-age kids tell me how they and their families are coping with expense of college tuition?
I believe that it depends on the state. I don't have any kids but my wife is going to school here in Virginia. The rule here is you don't need a PR to qualify for instate tuition. If you are on H4, you qualify for instate. But dependants on F1 visa don't qualify.
The only downside is H-dependants cannot work in on-campus jobs and they won't get CPT/OPT. I believe that a good work-around in such states is to be on H4 for first three years and then change to F1.
**pmat
eb3India
03-08 11:45 AM
Like I said, you have to give some credit to the Irish. They have the chutzpah of going to lawmaker's offices in DC and say "I am an illegal...I broke the laws and overstayed my visa...please change to law to make everything ok again for me please...". And our community thinks that someone is listening to their phone conversation about how to raise money and lobby for the legal immigrants?????
I think it all boils down to how desparate we are for GCs, many people here on H1 just want to count their valid H1 visa and multiply them by thier montly savings,
but Irish and many illegals itz a do or die situation they are smart people to knock on law makers door, before law-enforcing people knock on thier doors
I think it all boils down to how desparate we are for GCs, many people here on H1 just want to count their valid H1 visa and multiply them by thier montly savings,
but Irish and many illegals itz a do or die situation they are smart people to knock on law makers door, before law-enforcing people knock on thier doors
No comments:
Post a Comment